Presessional English for Academic Purposes (PEAP)
Our Presessional English for Academic Purposes (PEAP) programmes are designed to bring your academic and language skills up to the required level, so you can study an undergraduate or postgraduate degree, either at The University of Nottingham or another UK university.
Presessional courses are suitable for foundation, undergraduate, and postgraduate taught and research students.
Our PEAP courses:
- provide you with a high quality learning experience at a global top 100 university
- allow you to enter your chosen undergraduate or postgraduate programme here at the University of Nottingham once you have successfully passed the course (please contact CELE for details of courses that have additional entry requirements)
- develop your study skills by working on authentic academic tasks, so that you are prepared for the demands of UK Higher Education
- allow you to practise and improve your English in a genuine academic context, with a focus on integrated reading, writing, listening and speaking
- guide you through the process of producing academic texts, with extensive feedback from your tutors
- help you to create a network of friends and establish you as a valued member of our student community
- enable you to gain experience of living and studying in the UK, before beginning your degree
- give you access to our extensive facilities and support services
You will need to provide evidence of your English language level to study on our courses. If you come on a Tier 4 Student Visa, you must have an approved IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) purposes (except for joint CAS offers).
If you come on a Short-Term Study Visa (STSV) or a Dependants' Visa, we accept a range of tests as proof of your language level, including IELTS, TOEFL etc – view more details of our English language equivalencies
View our Visa information page for information about which visa option is most suitable for you.
We also offer courses for students who are not progressing to academic studies at the University of Nottingham, and in this case alternative qualifications may be considered. Please contact us for details.