What we do
We work in conjunction with academic schools and other professional services teams to develop and manage long-term strategic relationships with key corporate businesses in order to enhance the relevance and impact of the University's research and training activities, derive increased industrial income and further the University's external reputation.
For more information about our services, please see our case studies on the University's internal Workspace. You will will require a University staff log in and access to Workspace to view the page. If you would like to find out more about our services visit our Services for Business website.
Our objectives are in line with the targets from the corporate plan and school/faculty strategies:
- To manage relationships with our current key partners to ensure both we and they benefit from the fullest range of opportunities of industry/academic engagement
- To support academic schools and departments to increase their income from corporate partners via both direct funding or collaborative research activity
- To increase the number of key corporate partners who spend more than £500,000 per annum on research at the University
Working with us
Our team of business development professionals can provide information and expertise on industry needs in key industry sectors including Aerospace, Agri-Food, Automotive, Energy, Healthcare, Pharmaceuticals and Rail and help you understand decision making in these firms.
The Corporate Partnerships team can further support the academic community in the following ways:
- Support the development and submission of bids that include key corporate partners
- Identify potential industrial partners and funders for your research
- Help to make contact with key corporate accounts to propose a project or request participation in bids
We work with a range of partners and actively target new partnerships. View our list of partners via the University's internal Workspace. You will require a University log in and password to view this Workspace. If you would like to find out more about our services visit our Services for Business website.
If you already work with one of our corporate partners, we can add value with more senior contacts within the organisation, raise the profile of your work and help identify multi-disciplinary opportunities with corporate partners who work with multiple groups across the University.