Postgraduate taught students are responsible for arranging their own funding to cover fees and living expenses. It is best to apply early for your course, giving yourself the maximum amount of time to look for available funding.
The University's postgraduate funding webpage provides information on current scholarships available from the University, as well as other sources of funding.
Government loans for masters courses
The Government offers postgraduate student loans of up to £10,609 for students studying a taught or research masters course.
For further details and eligibility criteria please visit the University's financial support webpages.
European Masters Scholarship
In 2019, we are offering 10 scholarships of £2,000 each towards tuition fees for high-achieving masters students from the EU.
You can apply for this scholarship if you:
- are classed as a European Union (non-UK) student for fee purposes AND
- already hold an offer to start a full-time masters degree programme (excluding MRes) at Nottingham in September 2019, in any subject area
- achieve the equivalent of a UK Upper Second Class (2:1) classification or higher
Closing date: 17 May 2019
Find out more and apply
Alumni fee discount
The School of Geography is offering 20% fee discounts for the MSc Environmental Leadership and Management, to any University of Nottingham student currently studying with us, or who has graduated in the last three years.
- You must apply in the usual way for the MSc Environmental Leadership and Management, and meet the entry criteria
- The discounts are for study commencing in September 2019
- You need not apply separately for the discount – it will be assessed at the point you are made an offer of study