Externally funded fellowships
In addition to our internally funded fellowships
, there are a wide range of fellowships available from various funding bodies, charities and institutions, targeted at both early career researchers and mid to senior career researchers.
Why Nottingham for your fellowship?
- Our support for fellows through our fellowship mentoring scheme and networking events
- Our diverse, welcoming environment, coupled with world-class facilities, infrastructure and digital systems
- The support we offer through the application process. If you are approved to submit a full application, we will support you strongly in both writing the proposal and preparing for the interview
- The strength of our interdisciplinary research base, and our investment through the Research Priority Areas ( www.nottingham.ac.uk/research)
- Our internationally renowned research areas, supported through investment in our Beacons of Excellence ( www.nottingham.ac.uk/world)
If you are interested in Nottingham as your host institution please contact the fellowships team so that we can put you in touch with the appropriate contact in your host school/faculty. Most applicants for fellowships need to show strong institutional support for their application, so it is vital that you discuss your proposal as early as possible with your proposed host school/faculty. Please provide a CV and a brief research proposal to aid discussions.
Alongside this, some fellowships have institutional restrictions on numbers we can submit, so please ensure that you discuss your proposal with the host school, and contact the fellowships team to find out more about internal sift processes.
UK Research and Innovation Future Leaders Fellowships
These fellowships aim to grow the strong supply of talented individuals needed to ensure that research and innovation continues to be world class. This cross-UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) scheme will support early career researchers and innovators with outstanding potential in universities, UK registered businesses, and other research and user environments including research councils’ institutes and laboratories. The UKRI FLF provide an excellent opportunity for outstanding early career researchers to join our diverse research environment at Nottingham. The support of the host institution is a critical component of the fellowship, which will enable the fellow to transition to or establish their research/innovation independence in any area supported by UKRI.
There will be two rounds per year for the next few years, with approximately 100 fellows appointed in each. We are particularly interested in applications for the June/July 2019 round. If you are interested in being considered for this scheme, please send your CV and a brief research proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org and mark your email ‘UKRI FLF’. To find out more about these schemes visit: https://www.ukri.org/funding/funding-opportunities/future-leaders-fellowships/
To find out more details, or for queries about particular schemes, please contact email@example.com
Explore the opportunities
Back to the top