Terms and Conditions
Please read this document carefully and ensure that you understand the conditions of the scholarship.
International Student Recruitment reserves the right to withdraw the scholarship if students are subsequently found to be ineligible or if these terms and conditions are not adhered to.
The University of Nottingham reserves the right to amend its scholarship provision without notice.
As an International Student Recruitment Scholarship holder you are required to:
- Accept the scholarship by the given deadline. The University reserves the right to withdraw the offer of a scholarship if it is not accepted by the given deadline.
- Meet any conditions attached to your academic offer.
- Register on your academic course by the given start date. Scholarships may not be deferred to the following academic year.
- Be registered as a full-time student and be classified as overseas for fee purposes, or classified as European Union (non-UK) for European Union scholarships.
- Masters scholarships are awarded for one year only. Other scholarships vary so please check the individual pages for further details.
- Seek permission and obtain consent from the Funding Team before making any changes to your programme of study, this includes changing course title, course transfers, suspending studies, etc. Please note that approval is not guaranteed. Where changes are made without prior approval, the scholarship will be withdrawn and you may be required to repay the scholarship in full. Scholarships are not automatically extendable.
- Inform the Funding Team of any other scholarships/sponsorship currently held, or awarded at a later date. The scholarship may be adjusted or withdrawn if other sources of funding have been awarded and no cash alternatives are available where funding is in excess of the tuition fee.
- Pay all outstanding tuition fees by University deadlines if you have not been awarded a full scholarship, as detailed on our Tuition Fees web page. Non-payment of fees may result in the scholarship being withdrawn and full fees being charged to you.
- If the scholarship has no provision for living costs, then you are expected to maintain your living costs for the duration of your programme of study. Additional financial support is not available. The University recommends that students will need £1,015 per month for living costs. This figure is based on a single student and students with families will require considerably more.
- Make satisfactory progress on your programme of study. The scholarship is subject to satisfactory progress.
- Repay the scholarship amount, pro-rata, if you withdraw from your course before completion if the scholarship has been awarded by cheque or BACS payment.
- Agree to act in an ambassadorial capacity, to produce student profiles, and to attend scholarship/recruitment events as required for The University of Nottingham.
- Agree to The University of Nottingham contacting you approximately two years after your graduation for an update on how the scholarship has influenced your career.
Please note that where a scholarship is co-funded with an external organisation / donor, we will pass on details (name, title of award, course title, academic school) to the external organisation for the purpose of selection and reporting. Your contact details will not be given to an external organisation / donor without your prior consent.