Be inspired and achieve your ambitions with scholarships from £2,500 up to £15,000 towards your tuition fees.
The University of Nottingham is consistently ranked among the world's top 100 universities* and is ranked 8th in the UK for research power**.
Applications for this scholarship in the 2019/20 academic year are now open.
About the International Baccalaureate Diploma Excellence Scholarship
We launched our International Baccalaureate Diploma Excellence Scholarship in 2017 to reward and support international students achieving 40 IB points or more in their IB Diploma.
The International Baccalaureate Diploma Scholarship was expanded in 2018 to celebrate the 70th year of the University of Nottingham attaining its Royal Chater. The scholarship now includes an award for students attaining 38 or 39 IB Diploma points and an enhancement for those students achieving 40 IB Diploma points or above.
No separate application is required for this scholarship. The scholarship will be awarded to eligible applicants depending on the IB Diploma scores they achieve, and subject to availability. Funding is limited and priority will be given to students who have accepted The University of Nottingham as their firm choice in UCAS.
Who is eligible for this scholarship?
International Baccalaureate Diploma Excellence Scholarships will be awarded to students who:
- are classed as an overseas student for fee purposes (from any country) AND
- attain the International Baccalaureate Diploma with a score of 38 points or above AND
- hold an offer to start a full-time undergraduate degree programme (excluding BMBS Medicine) at The University of Nottingham's UK Campuses in September 2019 AND
- respond to their offer and submit their IB Diploma results to the University by 1 August 2019.
How much funding will I receive?
Your scholarship level will depend on the number of IB Diploma points you achive and your chosen course of study.
Students achieving 38-39 International Baccalaureate Diploma points:
You will receive a tuition fee scholarship of £2,500 in the first year of your course only.
Students achieving 40-45 International Baccalaureate Diploma points:
In the first year of your course, you will receive a tuition fee scholarship of:
- £2,500 to £6,000 depending on your IB Diploma score
- + £3,000 Anniversary Scholarship Enhancement
In the second year* of your course, students studying courses in participating schools and departments (listed below) will receive a tuition fee scholarship of £2,500 to £6,000 from their school or department. This amount will be equal to the scholarship awarded in the first year but without the Anniversary Scholarship Enhancement.
*Year 2 award is subject to satisfactory progression (2:1 or higher)
Please refer to the table below to see how much funding you could qualify for.
|IB Diploma points achieved||Year 1 baseline scholarship||Anniversary Scholarship Enhancement||Year 1 total scholarship||Year 2 scholarship from participating schools||Total potential scholarship value|
Participating schools and departments
Most schools and departments within the University of Nottingham are participating in the International Baccalaureate Diploma Excellence Scholarships by funding scholarships in the second year of their courses. Please check the list below to see if your chosen school or department is participating.
If your school or department is not listed here, you can still receive our International Baccalaureate Diploma Excellence Scholarship (including the Anniversary Scholarship Enhancement) in the first year of the course but will not receive funding in the second year.
*QS World University Rankings
**Research Excellence Framework 2014
Faculty of Arts
- School of Cultures, Languages and Area Studies (all departments)
- School of English
- School of Humanities (all departments)
Faculty of Engineering
- Department of Architecture and Built Environment
- Department of Chemical and Environmental Engineering
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Department of Mechanical, Materials and Manufacturing Engineering
Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences
- Veterinary Medicine and Science
Faculty of Science
- School of Biosciences
- School of Chemistry
- School of Computer Science
- School of Life Sciences
- School of Mathematical Sciences
- School of Pharmacy
- School of Physics and Astronomy
- School of Psychology
Faculty of Social Sciences
- Nottingham University Business School
- School of Law
- School of Politics and International Relations
- School of Sociology and Social Policy