Information for employers
Offer ambitious employees the prospect of a world-class degree without the debt.
We work with local, regional and national businesses to understand strategic priorities and challenges, and develop the content of each programme to offer real value. We can tailor the programme to a sector, or even specifically adapt it for your business.
We are currently developing a range of degree apprenticeships in the following areas:
- Scientific careers
- Digital and Computer Science
To find out more about the range of degree apprenticeship programmes, or to you develop a course for your organisation, contact our degree apprenticeships team.
Useful links for employers
Estimate my apprenticeship funding
How the apprenticeship levy works
Rules and guidance for employers (PDF)
Download our Employers Guide (PDF)
Employer complaints policy (PDF)
Information for apprentices
A world-class degree without the debt
Degree apprenticeships offer you the chance to combine a job with a programme of academic study that awards a Bachelors or Masters-level qualification. And all whilst earning a salary.
As an apprentice, you'll undertake on and off-the-job learning to develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours relevant to your job.
If you're in employment and interested in undertaking a degree apprenticeship, speak to your employer in the first instance. If you're not in employment, you can apply for a job that's advertised as an apprenticeship, or talk to us about specific programmes.
Basic eligibility requirements
To be eligible for a degree apprenticeship, you must be:
- Over 16 and live in England or a citizen of EEA countries.
- A non-EEA citizen legally resident in the UK for at least the previous three years before the start of the apprenticeship and have the right to work in England.
- Employed and spend at least 50% of working hours in England over the duration of the apprenticeship.
There will be additional academic entry requirements specific to each programme.
Useful links for apprentices
Guidance on becoming an apprentice
Apprentice Complaints Policy
Apprentice Complaints Procedure
Programmes we offer
Programmes in development
Why choose the University of Nottingham?
By partnering with an institution celebrated for its academic excellence, pioneering research, employability and world-leading campuses and facilities, your business will be able to attract, retain and develop talent.
- We’re ranked in the world’s top 100 universities and the UK’s top 15 by the latest QS World University Rankings (2018).
- The UK’s Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) in 2017 rated Nottingham ‘gold’ for teaching and learning.
- We were ranked 8th in the UK for research power in the latest Research Excellence Framework (2014).
Ready to transform your business?
To explore how your business will benefit from degree apprenticeships, get in touch with our team.
Lizzy Martin, Employer Engagement Manager
Tel +44 (0)115 748 7076