Global and Political Affairs Unit
The Global and Political Affairs Unit supports colleagues across the University’s three campuses in the UK, China and Malaysia to engage with policy makers and other key partners. We help increase understanding of the aims and activities of the University and work together with our partners, from local politicians to government departments and major businesses, to further those aims.
The Global and Political Affairs Unit works closely with the Institute for Policy and Engagement, which facilitates engagement with policy makers in order to ensure the University’s world class research shapes policy and debate.
The Global and Political Affairs Unit leads on the following activities:
- Communicating with decision-makers and opinion-formers in local authorities, governments and international organisations about the work of the University
- Coordinating visits to the University by government ministers and parliamentarians
- Providing advice on government and parliamentary-related matters
- Acting as a first point of contact and navigation service for policymakers
- Coordinating the University’s strategic approach to engaging with external partners
- Higher Education and broader policy monitoring and engagement where decisions will affect the activity of the University
Find out more
External partners can visit our Government Relations page.